- ALA Mailing List Service website http://lists.ala.org.
- Find ASCLA lists by clicking on Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies under Divisions in the main panel.
Log in or Create an Account
- In the top left-hand corner, use your credentials to log in or get credentials by creating an account by clicking "First login?" If you think you might already have credentials, enter your email address and the system will send you an email with your password and a link to verify.
- Once you are logged in, the left-hand column beneath your email address will contain "Your Lists," a list of the lists to which you're subscribed.
Subscribe or Unsubscribe
- You can subscribe to any open list in the ALA service.
Change Your Preferences
- To create your own password, click on "Your Preferences." and create a new password and make a note of it.
- You can come back to lists.ala.org anytime to manage your subscription:
- change your email address for any reason
- cancel/unsubscribe after the e-forum or at any time
- access the list archive to review a discussion
- choose to receive the messages in digest format instead of one email at a time.
Note: lists that are specifically for group work (committees, task forces, etc.) are closed lists.