The Association of Specialized Government and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASGCLA) invites experienced librarians and subject matter experts to submit proposals for 2020 ALA Annual Preconferences or 2021 ALA Midwinter Institutes. Accepted proposals will be presented at either the 2020 ALA Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL or the 2021 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Indianapolis, IN.
We encourage you to identify four key areas that reflect the unique experiences and skills of our diverse membership and the larger library community:
- Veterans – federal and local resources in context of diverse library types (public, academic, prison, health, etc. )
- Accessibility- basics of access, as well as specific tools and strategies to increase access to library services
- Consortia Management- designing/delivering CE, ILL models, leadership and facilitation, cooperative purchasing, successful/model collaboration, etc.
- Health- identifying resources, working with patrons in crisis, compassion fatigue, etc. especially in the areas of:
- Mental health
- Substance abuse
- Degenerative Neurological Diseases
- Aging in Place
Please visit here for the submission form.
Questions may be submitted to Ninah Moore, ASGCLA Program Officer-Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org