If you will be attending the 2019 ALA Conference in Washington D.C., you can plan your time and mark the ASGCLA programs and meetings you want to attend. TheConference Scheduler, now includes all programs, meetings, events, and speakers with dates, times, and locations.
In the Scheduler, the best way to find which of the 38 ASGCLA programs and meetings to attend, is to use the ALA Unit dropdown feature and select ASGCLA. General interest ASGCLA meetings include
- ASGCLA Achievement Awards Ceremony on Saturday June 22, 8:30 am. Enjoy a light breakfast as you celebrate and honor the six award winners.
- ASGCLA 101 on Saturday June 22, 10:30 am. New and potential ASGCLA members can meet and network with current members to learn about ASGCLA.
- ASGCLA’s President’s Program: Understanding the Marrakesh Treaty – Implications and Implementation for Librarians on Saturday June 22 at 1:00 pm. ASGCLA President Adam Szczepaniak is presenting this program that explains the importance of this international treaty, which President Trump signed in October 2018.
- ASGCLA Leadership Orientation, on Sunday June 23 at 2:00 pm. This program, for current and potential leaders of ASGCLA committees, interest groups, ad-hoc groups will highlight the tools and services that ALA/ASGCLA to offer to help member groups run smoothly.
- ASGCLA All Committee Meeting on Sunday June 23 at 4:00 pm. The ASGCLA Finance and Planning Committee meets during this meeting. Any other ASGCLA group may also use this venue instead of or in addition to other scheduled meetings.
The ASGCLA Board of Directors meets on Saturday June 22 at 4:00 pm and on Monday June 24 at 11:30 am. Board meetings are open. All ASGCLA members are welcome to attend.