Download 2017-2018 Interest Group Orientation Manual
If you’re interested in leading a new Interest Group keep in mind, while you do not have to be an ASCLA member to join, you must be an ASCLA member to lead one. ASCLA has established basic guidelines to outline the scope of Interest Group leadership.
As an Interest Group Leader you will be expected to:
- Encourage involvement in the Interest Group
- Ensure that the Interest Group generates discussion topics, articles, programs, projects etc. within the purview of the Interest Group’s charge.
- Regularly communicate with Interest Group members regarding Interest Group activities as well as initiatives coming from the ASCLA Board, staff, or other interested parties.
- Communicate with the Interest Group Coordinating Committee. This will include a brief annual report on Interest Group activity. Reports will be posted on the Interest Group site.
- Communicate with the Interest Group Coordinating Committee if, for any reason, you determine that you are unable to fulfill the responsibility of leading the Interest Group.
- Notify the ASCLA office of any changes in leadership.
- Coordinate the overall activities of the interest group and for reporting on group activities.
Tagged with: interest group